Managers and Aspiring Leaders – REGISTER NOW
Managers will hear presentations on topics including managing sick leave, updates from the Health and Disability sector, how to deal with complaints, changes in the management of complaints from a health and disability perspective, and learnings from these for the aged care sector.
Michael Prisk, HR/ER Consultant will be presenting on managing sick leave which will help managers to understand the legal requirements and best practice guidelines to manage ad hoc excessive or excessive sick leave and provide an overview of the performance management process.
Katherine Foulkes, Principal Advisor to the Aged Care Commissioner,
Office of the Health and Disability Commissioner will share the latest updates from the Health and Disability sector.
- Role of Aged Care Commissioner and the team
- HDC code of rights and aged residential care
- Complaint themes in aged care
- What to do if you get a complaint via HDC
- Demystifying the language - (e.g.S14s, S 40s, 59 (4)s) - and what this means for a provider, and what you can do to support resolution of the complaint
- New ways of working at HDC
- New roles in Aged Care team and wider HDC
- early resolution focus
All registered attendees will receive the programme with all the topics and speakers and a certificate of attendance. Teas and lunch will be provided which is sponsored Bunnings and Spaceworks.
- Christchurch – Wednesday, 19 April – Chateau on the Park
- Dunedin – Friday, 21 April – Distinction Dunedin Hotel
- Auckland – Thursday, 27 April – Grand Millennium Hotel
- Tauranga – Friday, 28 April – Cubro Head Offices
- Palmerston North – Monday, 1 May – Distinction Coachman Hotel & Conference Centre
Early-bird price: $320 + GST (available until Friday, 7 April)
Regular price: $400 + GST
NZACA member price: $360 + GST
Registration on the day begins at 8.00 am, and sessions will start promptly at 8.15 am, concluding by 4.30 pm.
Lunch and tea will be provided, and participants will receive a certificate of attendance via email after the workshop.
Sponsored by Bunnings and SPACEWORKS
This series is brought to you by the NZ Aged Care Association Education Trust